Care & Cleaning
Wooden furniture should not be exposed to extreme heat or humidity, such as placing it near a heat vent or open window. Direct exposure to sunlight should be avoided as this will cause finishes to fade.
- Chemicals in some plastic and rubber compounds may soften or discolor wood finishes if left in contact with the furniture for long periods of time. To avoid this, place felt, leather or cork under accessories.
- Scratches from normal use may develop on furniture over time. These can be touched up with furniture grade scratch removers or special touch-up pens or sticks available at home improvement stores and at many paint stores.
- Household dust may be removed with a soft, clean cloth. The cloth may be dampened with a furniture dusting product. Avoid silicone based products or products that leave an oily film on the furniture since they may cause a clouding of the finish and have a tendency to collect dust.
- If there is a need or desire for more thorough cleaning of wood furniture than routine dusting, high quality furniture cleaners such as Guardsman Pro are recommended. Furniture cleaners available at most grocery stores may also be used.
- Spilled liquids should immediately be removed with a soft, slightly damp cloth; followed by a soft, dry cloth to remove any remaining moisture.
- Occasional polishing with a high quality, non-silicone furniture polish will enhance the beauty of fine finishes. Beeswax polishes are highly recommended. Avoid using oily polishes or waxes.
- When cleaning furniture, always wipe with the grain. When using cleaners, polishes and dusting agents always be sure to carefully follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Metal – Cleaning hammered metal use a soft cloth with MILD soap and warm water and dry thoroughly with soft cloth. Do Not use any abrasive metal cleaners, scouring/steel pads, lime or rust removal, alkaline-based, ammonia-based or acidic-based chemicals.
- Marble – Marble is porous and stains easily. To help prevent marking of your marble surface we recommend you wax the surface of the table with a clear wax in a tin (not a spray wax). Keep the surface well waxed as you would any fine piece of furniture. Wipe off any spill immediately, just as you would from a wood surface. Use coasters under beverage glasses to prevent rings. Occasionally wash the marble surface with luke warm water and wipe dry with a clean soft cloth. Using a damp chamois will prevent streaks. Once or twice a year, depending on soil, wash the surface with a mild detergent solution, (hand dishwashing detergent and warm water) rinse and wipe dry. DO NOT USE ANY CLEANERS THAT CONTAIN VINEGAR, ACIDS OR ARE NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE ON MARBLE SINCE THEY WILL DAMAGE THE SURFACE.
- Natural knots – We allow natural knots throughout all our collections.
ART Furniture offers a standard 1 year Warranty for normal wear and tear.